But if that's what it takes to praise You Jesus...

Life is full of ups and downs, peaks and valleys. What humans don't like about life...is the trials, pain, suffering, emptiness, hopelessness. Oh Lord! But if that's what it takes to praise You, to learn love, joy, peace, patience to love You, to realize how beautiful and glorious You are, to realize how much You love me, if that's what it takes to give up ownership over my life and surrender it all to You! Jesus... BRING THE RAIN! May God be glorified...May He be lifted higher!

Welcome

Welcome

I went to DC Stop Modern Slavery last saturday and heard about social injustice (e.g. child slavery, child trafficking, modern slavery) going on in the world. Horrible stuffs going on, guys.

There are many causes and organizations responding to injustice.

One thing that I particularly liked at the event was hearing Tim Be Told's response song to injustice, Just Another Man:

There's nothing I can do

Father, hear our broken cries from a world so fallen!

Help us see that in one Man our hope will never die

And His people call Him Savior Jesus, Love Abounding

Give me strength to do all that I can

What a good way to respond to injustice, resting and clinging onto Jesus. Jesus, You are our Hope (1 Tim 1:1).

I get upset at God. I ask Him why He does these things. Why He let's these things happen. But I think at the heart of the issue that there is still Hope. I think that each one of us has to hold onto that and cling to that -Tim Ouyang

I don't entirely agree with how some social justice organizations respond to the injustice (see discussion below). But I do think that we as Christians, having been transformed Christ's love through the gospel, should put our hope in Jesus and show Christ's love through word and action to this world (Matt 25:45). =]

-----------------------------------------------------
Discussion on my disagreements with (some) social justice/civil rights organizations:

Note: This is just where I stand as of now...I am still learning, =]

Do you believe that humans deserve human rights?

  • I'm not sure. Because humans constantly disobey God to the point of being His enemy (Romans 5:10), I don't think humans deserve anything but God's just wrath (Psalm 5:5, Psalm 51:4, Romans 6:23).

Why do you cringe at the great focuses on social injustices like modern slavery?

  • I do think modern slavery should be emphasized, but I think that the reality of our slavery to sin should be more emphasized (John 8:34). Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, died so that we could be freed from being slaves to sin (Romans 6:6) to becoming slaves of God (Romans 6:18, 22). And the fruit we get leads to sanctification and it's end, eternal life (Romans 6:22)!
  • Sin was once our master, and we offended a holy and just God. BUT now through Jesus, God is now our master! WHAT?! We have been redeemed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment